Registered Architect based in BC with over 10 years of architectural practice and 5 years of academic teaching and research. Experienced in planning, programming, schematic design, design management, project management, tendering, contract administration, and field reviews.Worked on various project types and sizes with varying site conditions and bylaw requirements; including:
- Cultural; (heritage, historic)
- Institutional; (educational)
- Commercial low-rise; (retail & offices)
- Residential; (single & multi-family)
- Healthcare; (specialty hospital)
Familiar with local and national construction standards, including BCBC, ABC, & LEED.
Proficient in computer applications in architecture using industry standard and specialized software.
Holds a professional degree in Architectural Engineering and a Master degree in advanced studies in Architecture, with focus on computational design tools in architecture. This includes CAD, BIM, and Algorithmic/ Parametric Design.
Currently, active in research and development through own practice/research firm; Inscribe Architecture; as well as volunteering as an advisory member in the City of North Vancouver Heritage Advisory Commission.
- Architect, AIBC : Architectural Institute of British Columbia
- LEED AP : Accredited Professional with Canada Green Building Council
- M.A.S.A., Master of Advanced Studies in Architecture. University of British Columbia
- Architect/ Researcher in Practice; Inscribe Architecture.
Vancouver, BC; 2013-Current
- Senior Designer/ Team Leader; PBK Architects.
Red Deer, AB; 2012-2013
- Design Consultant; Ali Shakarchi Studio.
Vancouver, BC; 2010-2012
- Senior Designer/ Associate; TRB Architecture Inc.
Vancouver, BC; 2005-2010
- Assistant Professor; School of Architecture & Design, AUS.
- Adjunct Professor; School of Architecture, UBC.;
- Research and Teaching Assistant; School of Architecture, UBC;
- IT Systems Manager; School of Architecture, UBC;
- Ken Nichols Regional Recreational Centre renovation, Beaumont, AB (2013) Project Management, Construction Documents, Tendering, Contract Admin.
- Best Western Inn and Suites, Redwater, AB (2012) Project Management, Construction Documents, Contract Admin.
- City Hall, Sylvan Lake, Town of Sylvan Lake; AB (2012) Project Management, Contract Admin.
- St. Augustine Catholic Church, Ponoka; AB (2011) Design, Project Management
- Church of the Nazarene, Red Deer; AB (2011) Design Development, Project Management, Tendering
- Red Deer Royals, Red Deer; AB (2011) Programming, Planning, Schematic, Project Management
- Foothills Fieldhouse Design Proposal, AB (2011) Design, Programming, Cost Estimates
- Pacific Coast University for Health Sciences, Port Alberni, BC (2009) Schematic Design, Design Development
- The Walter Burtnick Seniors Lodge, Sechelt, BC (2009) Schematic Design, Design Development
- Firehall No.1, Burnaby; BC (2008) Programming, Planning, Design Report
- Envision Credit Union, Maple Ridge, BC (2008) Schematic Design, Design Development
- Doma, Private single family residence, Coquitlam, BC (2007) Schematic Design, Design Development
- Squamish Cultural Centre, Whistler, BC (2006) Design Development, Construction Documents, Contract Administration
- Software: Revit, AutoCAD, Maya, Rhino, Grasshopper, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Advanced skills in CAD, BIM, Geometric 3D Modeling, Environmental Simulation, & Generative Design
- Wojtowicz, J., Shakarchi, A. and Takeyama, M. “dWall – Case of VDS Baghdad, Architecture in the Network Society” 22nd eCAADe Copenhagen, 2004
- Shakarchi, A., Wojtowicz, J., “ePAD: Portable Aided Design Tool for Remote Collaboration”, ACSA Technology Conference, MIT, 2000
- Shakarchi, Ali Y., Wojtowicz, J., “Tools for Distributed Design Practice, Promise and Reality” 18th eCAADe, Weimar, 2000
- Wojtowicz, J., Houwen, J. Shakarchi, A., “Making of OBELISK, Multimedia Archiving System,” ACADIA97, Cincinnati , 1997